By: Danielle McClellan
BIS released the following amendments and revisions that were inadvertently omitted from the Wassenaar Arrangement 2014 Plenary Agreements Implementation and Country Policy Amendments. A rule was published on May 21, 2015 but the following revisions were absent in that notice and will be implemented now:
- Supplement No. 1 to Part 738: Commerce Country Chart
- This rule would remove the X, i.e., license requirement, in the NS:2 Column for South Africa, as well as remove the X in the RS:2 Column for Argentina and South Africa
- Part 740: Country Groups
- This rule removes Fiji from Country Group D:5 ‘‘U.S. Arms Embargoed Countries,’’ and from Country Group D in Supplement No. 1 to part 740 of the EAR (This correction is not the result of a Wassenaar Arrangement agreement, but rather of a final rule published by the Department of State on May 29, 2015)
- Section 743.3: Thermal Imaging Camera Reporting
- BIS inadvertently removed a thermal imaging camera reporting requirement exemption for Canada in the May 21 rule. The reporting requirements for thermal imaging cameras are corrected by exempting Canada from the reporting requirements, as was the policy prior to the publication of the May 21, 2015, Wassenaar rule. The exception is added to paragraph (b) of § 743.3 of the EAR.
- Part 772: Definitions
- This rule removes a reference for ‘‘signal analyzer (dynamic). . .’’ that was inadvertently not removed when the definition for ‘‘dynamic signal analyzer’’ was removed from this part.
- Supplement No. 1 to Part 774: Commerce Control List ECCN 8A620 Submersible Vessels, Oceanographic and Associated Commodities
- Replaces paragraph .f with a new paragraph containing two subparagraphs: Subparagraph f.1 for self-contained diving rebreathers, closed or semi-closed circuit; and subparagraph f.2 for underwater swimming apparatus ‘‘specially designed’’ for use with equipment specified in paragraph f.1. Paragraph f.1 narrows the scope by adding the ‘‘self- contained’’ parameter, while f.2 is an expansion of controls.
- ECCN 9A004 Space Launch Vehicles and ‘‘Spacecraft’’
- The range of reference in the License Requirement Note is corrected to read ‘‘9A004.b through .f.’’ Also, Note 3 in the Related Controls is revised for clarity.
- 9A010 ‘‘Specially Designed’’ ‘‘Parts,’’ ‘‘Components,’’ Systems and Structures, for Launch Vehicles, Launch Vehicle Propulsion Systems or ‘‘Spacecraft’’
- The Heading to ECCN 9A010 is corrected by removing the reference to the ITAR for jurisdiction over these items and instead referring to the newly added Related Controls paragraph.
Federal Register Notice: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-12-03/pdf/2015-30253.pdf